Sunday, November 11, 2007

sunday painting~

Sunday is the official "look around the web for great art" day at the Wankenobi house. And i want to share some Better than Amazing links with you~

For whoever that's left in the world that doesn't know of Paul Lasaine's blog yet, you own it to yourself to check his work out!
and for those of you that love Rackham and Dulac's children's' illustrations, here's a gem of a website i can't get enough of.
and i can't believe some of my friends haven't heard of Art Renewal~ They have very high rez scans of art work by realism painters~ yum~

Oh and then there's my sucky painting from today's workshop. ;P

4 comments:

Stephen Chang said...

Thanks for Paul's Link! I'm always looking for awesome inspiration! :D

Chris Sears said...

nice painting. she was kind of hard to paint. kind of angular features. not exactly the facial type i'd associate with an "turkish belly dancer"

p.s. thanks for finding my mahl stick. i keep forgetting it there. it's bad luck if i lose it.

Paul Lasaine said...

Hey Shelly,

Thanks for the unsolicited advertising:)

BTW, you asked how I get the waterfall in my Rivendell painting to glow. I'll tell you if you promise not to tell anyone: I cheated..."color dodge".

Percy Bysshe said...

Great painting - nice angle and choice of colors-