Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Some great chinese artists

Work has finally gotten its grip on me, so i can not longer post regularly as before. But while i was looking through some of the art books i got in China tonight for inspiration, i decided it might be good to share with you some great Chinese artists' works.


Ai Xuan. His father is one of the most accomplished contemporary Chinese poets. The images are regretfully small on his official site, and some of my favs are not up there.

Xia Jun Na. A very young female artist who strangely embodied my favorite school of painters, the Nabis, all by herself. Her works might be an acquired taste, but i love them beyond everything.


Chen Yi Fei. His works are hailed as the most expensive in China. I have a sort of love hate relationship with his works: sometimes they can be just too cheesy. But the above painting really sets him in the categories of my favorites. Again the only images i could find all have pretty poor quality.

Hope you enjoyed looking at them! :)

sw

6 comments:

Tom Scholes said...

siggggghhhhhhhh, I should go to china and learn how to paint ... or maybe russia.

Going to miss the updates, maybe you could quit your job? :O

stephen erik schirle said...

that first guy is freakin amazing

Anthony Francisco said...

Wow ... thanks Shelly for sharing these, and yeah the first guy is ...wow...wow...damn...

Felix Lim said...

SHelly, I know a place in hacienda heights, SoCal that imports art books from china, pm me if you want directions.

Young Geoffrion said...

Judging from your own luscious style, Shelly, you might enjoy the work of Jia Lu, who works in LA too: http://www.jialu.com

Richard Huang said...

Hi Shelly,

Very nice to meet you. I'm Chinese but born in Malaysia. I like art and am interested in artists from China. The problem is I'm not very good in Chinese although I can speak Cantonese. So I hope I can get to know more China artists through you.

This is my blog and my email address: http://richhuang.blogspot.com
drachen262@yahoo.com

Thanks.

Richard